Therapy for Black Girls prides itself on being the destination for Black women’s mental health! We are committed to making mental health topics accessible and relevant to the community and invite you to be a part of it. We are interested in publishing pieces from licensed mental health professionals that shares accurate and interesting information about mental health topics that are centered on the concerns of Black women and girls. Here are a few guidelines to help frame your submission:
- Your post should be no more than 750 words and should be an original piece. It cannot be published elsewhere in part or in its’ entirety.
- Posts that do a great job of blending theory and practical application are most well-received.
- Your post should not be submitted to us and another entity at the same time.
- Your post should not be promotional in nature. You will have an opportunity to link to your website in your author bio.
- Please keep in mind that our audience is primarily non-therapists, so use jargon sparingly.
All posts should be submitted in .doc format to firstname.lastname@example.org. At the bottom of your post, please include a two-sentence professional bio that includes your expertise, a link to your website, and your social media handles. All submissions will be reviewed within 2 weeks of receipt and you will be notified whether it will be published or not.
By submitting your post to Therapy for Black Girls, you are agreeing to our Terms & Conditions which includes:
- You relinquish rights to monetary compensation from work published on the site.
- Anytime a post from Therapy for Black Girls is shared on any platform, it must include a link to the original post that was published on the site.