The Therapy for Black Girls Podcast is a weekly conversation with Dr. Joy Harden Bradford, a licensed Psychologist in Atlanta, Georgia, about all things mental health, personal development, and all the small decisions we can make to become the best possible versions of ourselves.
May is Mental Health Awareness Month and in honor of this, all of the podcasts this month will focus on Relationships! This week’s episode focuses on romantic relationships. I discuss the top 7 reasons why you’re not getting what you need and want in relationships:
1. You’re afraid to ask for it.
2. You’re being passive in the process.
3. You’re too busy listening to others or comparing yourself to others.
4. You’ve convinced yourself you don’t need or want love.
5. You’re not clear about what you need and want.
6. You’re not being flexible.
7. You haven’t healed from past hurts.
For more information and resources, visit the website at therapyforblackgirls.com
To join the conversation on social media, use the hashtag #TBGinSession. You can find us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
If you have questions or inquiries, email us firstname.lastname@example.org